The Triple Threat Grand Cherokee (2003 WJ)

maybe time for 1 tons ...i here what you are say about cost ,i am in the same boat with a blown ring and pinion ..do i just get all new parts or swap in another axle

'

theksmith

Explorer
waiting on new spring isolators and RCV rebuild kits, hopefully have it all back together wednesday and can go on a trip this weekend down near tucson - it's been too long since i've wheeled!

theksmith

Explorer
Catalina & Oracle areas this weekend...

great camping weather.

IMG_4737.JPG

everyone seemed to enjoy watching Napoleon Dynamite on the projector system.

IMG_4759.JPG

trip report here: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3919

Lecoq

Explorer
Front axle looks seriously well built!

Any plans for a front bumper at some point? I'm sure you probably don't really need it. Too bad LSR stopped making his.

theksmith

Explorer
Front axle looks seriously well built!

Any plans for a front bumper at some point? I'm sure you probably don't really need it. Too bad LSR stopped making his.

right now i need to get my rock rail outer hoops redone when i have some cash (the axle thing killed my Jeep fund). next i want to do a rear bumper & tire carrier. and then one-day i'll get around to a front bumper - i have to buy a winch first as i want to cut out the existing center section and recess the winch, then build the bumper around however that works out. i don't plan on the bumper sticking out more than maybe 4 inches from the front, basicly about the same as the factory plastic bumper was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy