UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Lol, Im thinking all aluminum frame/body with tandem axles, high/low pop up style trailer with air ride. Probally even finish it faster since my wife will divorce me if I bring up building another one in the near future!

jim65wagon

I like the fender extension, on the next one consider it going under the door. The reason, the door entry area gets a lot of wear, from in an out traffic. More than anywhere on the trailer. You find your self setting on it and dragging in it seem to me. Also becomes a good place to set muddy boots!!

I second this. One of the best things on our trailer is the running boards. Sit in the door with your feet on the boards, not dangling 2 feet above the ground. Put your shoes on easily. Stand on them to wash the top of the trailer. Sit on them when BSing with friends. Great platform for sitting coffee cups on....

You are doing a fantastic job on this trailer. Really has been fun to watch, realizing how much you have learned, and in honesty how much you have taught a lot of us. Thanks for this fantastic adventure.
Bob

Yes. Absolutely fantastic!

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
My guess is there is a greater chance of Jello freezing over before Zuk sells it. So much work and attention to detail is hard to just send down the road. Time for you guys to build your own, it's just like building a small house to me. Except more to it. lol

silvrzuki77

explorer
Yeah pretty low chance lol. Should be interesting though i have never wheeled with a trailer and a little apprehenisve. Im usually the one that goes "hey lets check out that tiny azz road" then end up having to turn around. Soo just concerned about that, guess I will be unhooking it alot or having some scout ahead on the small ruff sections.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
...Probally even finish it faster since my wife will divorce me if I bring up building another one in the near future!

I'm realizing that too. The, "Honey, I'm building this to be more comfortable for you" excuse only goes so far! :smilies27

Last edited:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Yeah pretty low chance lol. Should be interesting though i have never wheeled with a trailer and a little apprehenisve. Im usually the one that goes "hey lets check out that tiny azz road" then end up having to turn around. Soo just concerned about that, guess I will be unhooking it alot or having some scout ahead on the small ruff sections.

This past weekend my buddy Mike and I were thinking the exact same thing. Both of us were hauling our trailers and everywhere along the route we took home from camping was little FSR/Logging/Gravel roads going off into the bush. Some go for miles, some hit a ditch or gate or tank traps like 40 feet around the first bend.

I suspect some scouting will happen soon for next spring or winter camping and a lot of walking routes before. Unhooking in the middle of a 8' wide trail and trying to turn around etc would SUCK.

jim65wagon

Lol, Im thinking all aluminum frame/body with tandem axles, high/low pop up style trailer with air ride. Probally even finish it faster since my wife will divorce me if I bring up building another one in the near future!

Haha....my wife is already designing our second one on Google Sketchup. Looks like we may have a project next winter....

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Well I bought an aluminum spool gun, and am currently designing one that will be a little wider, a little taller in front, and may be bolted together upper. All aluminum frame, more water, more storage. If it goes as planned will be a winter project to. Eclipse RV asked for me to design it along those lines. But they get a lot more expensive with aluminum framing, cost will almost triple on the tubing. Not end user friendly is my guess. But of course it will be SOLEY FOR THE OTHER HALF AND HER PERSONAL COMFORT story. As mathewp stated, they seem to get smarter, trailer by trailer.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Thats awesome to hear you guys starting new trailers! I should have a aluminum gun soon to do some fab work for a friend. No idea if I will ever start on the trailer though lol

silvrzuki77

explorer
yqu5aju4.jpg

Got my AT trailers shower setup. Great customer service front those guys! Bad thing about it uses Whale fitting which will have to order.

rocrunr

Adventurer
You're asking so what do you think about the hatch? What is your issue with the hatch? I think it's ok , but that stuff from experience twists and shrinks and isn't very durable. I like the look of it though. I didn.t figure there was a hope in hell of you selling but it did get every ones wheels turning. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77