What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Prepping it to sell it to fund the new build!
47c8814868d529b83188098c3eb6e256.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
B5D7DA4D-EA3B-49D6-B361-81EDDFEDD838.jpg

4379E2FF-6E82-4F48-9D9F-DBCAAF39950C.jpg

Installed a Warn 8274 with Master Pull rope and Factor 55 fairlead and Flatlink E. Best combo out there. :)

pingzingr

Made an insulated box a few weeks ago for a trip on the White Rim Trail and thru the Southwest over two weeks. Made the 16x16x19" plywood box, lined it with two inch insulation foam from Lowes, drilled out a hole for the spigot, and dropped in the 7-gal Aquatainer. Worked great, two bags of ice and seven gallons of water stayed cold throughout the trip!

image.jpg

image.jpg

And made some mud flaps too (kept a lot of tar and chip seal spray off the Jeep!)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Made an insulated box a few weeks ago for a trip on the White Rim Trail and thru the Southwest over two weeks. Made the 16x16x19" plywood box, lined it with two inch insulation foam from Lowes, drilled out a hole for the spigot, and dropped in the 7-gal Aquatainer. Worked great, two bags of ice and seven gallons of water stayed cold throughout the trip!

View attachment 367134

View attachment 367133

And made some mud flaps too (kept a lot of tar and chip seal spray off the Jeep!)

View attachment 367136

View attachment 367137

Great idea on the water jug. :victory:
Like your mud flaps too. This is something I need to do before winter.

Rough Country shackle relocation brackets went in yesterday, definitely a softer ride in the rear now to match the front, and now leveled again. Has changed handling with a bit more noticeable roll in the rear and a little more squirrelly over pot holes.

With the crappy weather I didn't take any pics or measurements prior, sadly.

Angle went from around 80* from horizontal to around 45*. After going from the lower 2" lift shackle hole to upper and second from the front on he new hangers it looks like I gained around 1", but I'll likely go back to the same hole on the shackles as I don't like the look of the shackles dropping below the springs. Likely to attract unwanted highway patrol attention and looks like a catch point for rocks, so this should add an extra 1/2".

I do like that there's plenty of room to move the shackles rearward to run explorer leaves that I plan to grab when I go 8.8.

Current OME leafs are sitting pretty flat at daily driving height with the fridge, 180Ah battery, tools and recovery gear. With the way I had to jack it up to fit I'm actually expecting to bottom out the JK shocks at full articulation so I'm keen to test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Septu

Explorer
I sold my basket rack complete with CVT awning, bug room, lights and even my shovel! Reason... I am having a custom rack made to mount my new O-SPEC Outpost Alpha RTT! My friend Mike and I designed it tonight as well as some custom gutter mounts. STOKED.

Greg, you ditching the trailer?

rubicon91

Explorer
I just picked up the full doors I got a few weeks back from paint. Well the rear ones anyways. I wanted the rears done before leaving for expo. I will have the fronts done after. Now to remove the soft top and put the hard top back on.
2041a78e48e980c58f12b20a2e06d21d.jpg
e80eb0ac6b367d99447ddcd0576fad81.jpg
83de07766bdc1ce642c192f6cee92b87.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Greg, you ditching the trailer?

No sir. I have a second RTT on the XJ now, or I will in about a week. I cant fit the whole family in the RTT on the trailer, so I needed to come up with something? I picked up a prototype RTT from O-Spec (owned by a friend) and used the fund from my old rack to make a new one. It is finished fab, and just needs some grinding and cleanup and then some paint. Custom gutter mounts, full walk on deck and it covers literally the entire XJ's roof! Wind deflector up front and built in tie downs and light tabs. My friend Mike (Wavebreaker here on ExPo) did an awesome fab job of our design collaboration.

Hoping to get the wife and kids out on some adventures this coming spring or maybe even this winter!

Pics to follow. I forgot to grab pics last time I was there. lol FAIL

rubicon91

Explorer
I just put my platform back in the rear and added my arb 50qt in prep for expo east. Next up is removing soft top this weekend and putting hard top back on. Getting stoked to head out for my 2nd expo east.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I just put my platform back in the rear and added my arb 50qt in prep for expo east. Next up is removing soft top this weekend and putting hard top back on. Getting stoked to head out for my 2nd expo east.

I'm interested to hear what you think of the full doors and hard top, versus the half doors.
I've been considering 1/2 doors with your same window mod. :)

Hope Jeep Expo is awesome! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal