What did you do to your Full Size today?

shauniscndn

Adventurer
Since I bought it end of January

Bolted Dog Kennel and Tool box into bed, New brake lines and

Yesterday new tires 285/75r16

IMG_2559.jpg

dvani01

Changed the oil (Mobil 1), replaced the plugs, and replaced the rear diff fluid. Up next, trans flush, transfer case refill and front diff refill.

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Moved my AirDog up about 4 inches to get it out of harms way
From here
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395627654.496396.jpg

To here
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395627682.506070.jpg

Now it's about 2 inches above my transfer case skid

Kowboy

Adventurer
Got my junk weighed last week at a truck stop south of Vegas.

20140312_scales.jpg

She ain't real petite. Sorta full-figured as a matter of fact. 11k total with 59 hun'erd of it on the rear axle. The 6" ICON springs just ain't likin it and I'm just ridin' on my bags.

So today I done ordered me up a custom set of rear leaf springs from Alcan Spring outta Grand Junction, CO. Be done in 3 or 4 weeks he said. Front ICON springs seem to be doin' real well. So far.

Sure glad I ain't runnin' a stock drivetrain with that kinda weight ... but then again my crazy drivetrain adds to the weight. Time will tell how this is all gonna play out.

jdinevens

Adventurer

View attachment 217251

She ain't real petite. Sorta full-figured as a matter of fact. 11k total with 59 hun'erd of it on the rear axle. The 6" ICON springs just ain't likin it and I'm just ridin' on my bags.

So today I done ordered me up a custom set of rear leaf springs from Alcan Spring outta Grand Junction, CO. Be done in 3 or 4 weeks he said. Front ICON springs seem to be doin' real well. So far.

Sure glad I ain't runnin' a stock drivetrain with that kinda weight ... but then again my crazy drivetrain adds to the weight. Time will tell how this is all gonna play out.

I got mine weighed today also, I'm looking like a lightweight at 8460.....:ylsmoke:

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4

View attachment 217251

She has big bones.:D

kenn_chan

Finally got my rock sliders finished and mounted, now time to start work on the winch install and the new cusotm front bumper.

kenn

jdinevens

Adventurer
Finally got my rock sliders finished and mounted, now time to start work on the winch install and the new cusotm front bumper.

kenn

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Clearances some body mount bolts so I can mount my AirDog even higher. Now to remake my skid for it, and start my dual jerry can mount, and then my bumper to mount it to, and then some harbor freight backup lights. :) guess I'll be busy with metal work until my wood gets here for my bed system

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Clearances some body mount bolts so I can mount my AirDog even higher. Now to remake my skid for it, and start my dual jerry can mount, and then my bumper to mount it to, and then some harbor freight backup lights. :) guess I'll be busy with metal work until my wood gets here for my bed system

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396140135.219563.jpg
It is now 2 inches higher than this, which is 8 total inches higher than my original mounting location all while being easily removable

Kowboy

Adventurer
The fella that done my engine work had mine hangin' down way low as well. Don't reckon he done no off-roadin'. So had the fab shop move 'em inside the frame rails and jam 'em up next to the Atlas and then cover 'em with a skid plate. Cut a hole in the skid plate for access to the petcock. Turned out pretty slick. 6 countersunk bolts can be removed and that drops the flat plate off the bottom of the skid plate assembly.

20131114_B_skid plate.JPG

20131115_A_skid plate done.JPG

Halligan

Adventurer
Installed Thuren sway bar end links on my 2500 which replaced the worn out Carli units. I know, worthless without pictures. I'll take some pictures when I do the Daystar air bag cradles this week.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

View attachment 217251

Nice weight balance especially with the rear tire and storage container back there. Mine's a lightweight too w/8650# total wet. Glad Aluminess helped out. I've visited the factory a couple of times.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Today I installed a 3" hanger and did a shackle flip. Rear came out to high need to pull the blocks after work.

Kowboy

Adventurer
My crappy headlights gotta go. Just bit the bullet and ordered a pair of the Harley lights from Ford. They're sure proud of 'em.

Lil' shop in Vegas ordered 'em up for me and will install 'em on Monday along with tryin' to get my A/C workin'. Blows ice cold air but then freezes up and shuts down.

Once I get the headlights fixed and the A/C fixed my junk'll be in pretty good shape. New rear leaf springs should be done for my next week off later in the month. Then it's off to the EXPO.

Carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater