Wolf's Ongoing Discovery Build Thread

S

Street Wolf

So anyways, as it turns out. It seems as if I do indeed have a rear Qt differential cover sitting here rather than one for the front. Guess I'll be getting that sorted out on Monday.

yubert

Explorer
those look sweet ... its too bad the lift surface isn't the nice U shaped bar like on the LR jack. I wonder if it can be unscrewed and have a different top placed on.

Here's a combo bottle jack/jack stand that has a "U" shape saddle and a height range up to 21". You can find them online for $35 plus shipping. For some reason the company that imports them is based in SoCal yet there are no local stores selling them!!

https://www.toolsmithonline.com/products.php?product=Powerbuilt%C2%AE-3-Ton-All%252dIn%252dOne-Bottle-Jack{47}Jack-Stand#

Attachments

• 640912-3-ton-all-in-one-bottle-jack-jack-stand.jpg
    640912-3-ton-all-in-one-bottle-jack-jack-stand.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 39

bovw

Explorer
The Spare was kept in the back of the truck...its rather unsightly for pictures of the box and other work we have done back there so it was removed for pics. About the only time we did not have a spare was when we were driving around town with his dog in the back and we know enough people that could run and get one from his house if we had a flat around town so thats never been an issue. We haven't gone on any off-roading or trips without a spare (well the local off-roading spot right outside of town, but again we do have friends and its usually been when Ceaser tagged along). I apologize for any misconception I perpetuated.
It's all good, just pointing out what I see.

Street Wolf said:
So anyways, as it turns out. It seems as if I do indeed have a rear Qt differential cover sitting here rather than one for the front. Guess I'll be getting that sorted out on Monday.
I thought that looked like a rear in retrospect.

JEFFSGTP

Observer
It's all good, just pointing out what I see.

Its cool, I took no offense, you will have to excuse my incoherent typing at times...I usually (like now) post after getting off of working a 12-14hr shift...so sometimes the zzz monster clouds my thoughts and renders my replies a little on the easily misconstrued side :coffee::coffee::coffee:

S

Street Wolf

Finally got my shovel mounted to the SD rack. Glad to have it up there since we could of used it many times before and never had it. We ended up going with a 'homemade' approach by walking around the local Lowe's and staring at things until we figured out a solution.

Works great, looks great, and cost all of about $15.

001-2.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Street Wolf

Also got the front QT diff guard from Lucky8 installed today. :sombrero:

008-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

010.jpg

S

Street Wolf

Just wondering why not a spade shovel?

Truth be told every situation where we've needed a shovel so far, snow, sand, mud, etc. , this is the one that would of done the job the best since it's obviously more of a scoop.

SeaRubi

Explorer
Truth be told every situation where we've needed a shovel so far, snow, sand, mud, etc. , this is the one that would of done the job the best since it's obviously more of a scoop.

when you need to move a lot this is true. but a small one has many advantages; they come in handy to dig while underneath the vehicle or out from around around tires where you can't get a big shovel into. i had a surplus fold-up shovel (marines style) that worked pretty good for this purpose. saved my bacon in many a jam.

Dengie Boy

Very nice Disco :drool: and its good to see it being used.

Nice pictures, especially of the convoy with moody sky. Had a quick play with it hope you dont mind.

159a.jpg

Last edited:
S

Street Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3