1 ton man fort

Roktoys84

Adventurer
Very sweet! Do you have any pictures of the pass-through by chance? I'm curious how you finished the edge.

ToyFamily

Observer
Very sweet! Do you have any pictures of the pass-through by chance? I'm curious how you finished the edge.

I've been in baja for the last couple weeks racing the 1000. When I get back to my Van I'll show some detail shots...had to come back to work in my 4runner due to the storms in the Sierras.

Nick

ToyFamily

Observer
I got the rack finished up and painted. Soon I'll be bolting on the Solar panel (driver front) and an aluminum tray for gear (driver rear) and the canoe holster is on the right .

I also got the first tire carrier mounted up as well as a simple rear bumper with recovery points and hitch...utilitarian is the style...

crappy phone pics for now, my good camera is at home. I'll post detailed pics of everything later on.

mentally working on a rear awning wall/tool boxes. I hope to start it next week to gain 3" when I lose that rear roll up door.

Nick

Attachments

• rack1.jpg
    rack1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 157
  • rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 175
  • tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 215

ToyFamily

Observer
Finally found some boxes I've been looking for to put in the back of the van!!! Score on craigslist for cheap :) This will give you the idea...I'll be raising the bed and their will be a tilt wall above the boxes....

Nick

Attachments

• boxes.jpg
    boxes.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 237

ToyFamily

Observer
So I gutted the camper this weekend and took the remains to the dump...and loaded up the remains for the project....

The shell still wieghted 880lbs. stripped of all appliances/wiring/tanks/ most of the windows and top....

Nick

BTW: I have the pop top canvas for sale if anyone wants it...

Attachments

• remains.jpg
    remains.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 104
  • dead camper.jpg
    dead camper.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 113

ToyFamily

Observer
Bottom box mounted and painted last night...second box and upper wall tonight..

Nick

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 217

ToyFamily

Observer
dang tough crowd :p ...still crappy cell pics but.... I battoned the back wall up for the weekend to go racing and am waiting for my piano hinge, weather stripping and sourcing cam levers to clamp it closed. It's already WAY quieter without insulation that the rattling roll up door

Nick

Attachments

• tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 279
  • door.jpg
    door.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 157

bucketosudz

Explorer
Nick, Thanks so much for sharing your build, every time I look at my 14" E-Cutaway I am thinking of your rig. I want to do this style of build badly, but my van has 230,000 miles on it and I am not sure I want to invest the coin into it. Looking forward to your every addition!!

ExpoMike

Man, this thing is looking good. Wish I had the time to have done a conversion like this to my M1010 project but I decided I wanted to camp and not build so bought the Ram and Four Wheel Camper. Now if I can get someone to buy the M1010. :)

Keep up the great work.

ToyFamily

Observer
Nick, Thanks so much for sharing your build, every time I look at my 14" E-Cutaway I am thinking of your rig. I want to do this style of build badly, but my van has 230,000 miles on it and I am not sure I want to invest the coin into it. Looking forward to your every addition!!

HA, my ODO reads 344,xxx ;) though about everything has been gone through within 100k.

Man, this thing is looking good. Wish I had the time to have done a conversion like this to my M1010 project but I decided I wanted to camp and not build so bought the Ram and Four Wheel Camper. Now if I can get someone to buy the M1010. :)

Keep up the great work.

Some days I wish I did that...but it's coming along and everytime I get a chance to sit back and look at it I get a smile....can't wait til it's done. I was at the race track this weekend and it got alot of attention, even with a Ford Raptor parked next to me they were looking at the Van. :)

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal