1 ton man fort

ToyFamily

Observer
got the tail cut up and the sides installed...still have to raise the hitch and clean up the frame area..

Nick

Attachments

• tail1.JPG
    tail1.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 309

ToyFamily

Observer
a side shot while stuck in traffic this morning...laminate wood floors tonight..:)

Nick

Attachments

• traffic.JPG
    traffic.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 307

ToyFamily

Observer
floor installed..to be trimmed by stainless once the cabinet and walls are in...

Nick

Attachments

• floor1.JPG
    floor1.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 244
  • floor2.JPG
    floor2.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 261

ToyFamily

Observer
The PO used liquid nails on the flooring he had in here, I used scrap 1/8 foam from our powdercoater (same as the subfloor at lowes) and finish nailed it..

ToyFamily

Observer
I've been busy (mostly non van things) but I am ramping up the work level on the Van. I really need to source a 4wd tranny to get on this 4wd swap...snow is starting to fall around here..

I had a headlight out so I picked up some new "brigher" silverstars and while I had those out I went and painted the grill and benzels (it's now 5mph faster after that ricer mod ;) )

I also got started on insulating the walls with this plastic reflective bubble wrap. It is really easy to work with, just a tape measure, drywall square, exacto knife and staple gun.

And the Torchmate desert truck got sponsored by Magnaflow for the baja 1000, getting all new exhaust so I was given one of the Borla strainless mufflers for 3" tubing that only had maybe 500 mi on it...FREEBIE

more to come.

Nick

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 165
  • insulation.jpg
    insulation.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

ToyFamily

Observer
Made some parts for my roof rack last night. I have video of them being cut but can't figure out how to upload it during my lunch. The rack will be 1" .095 DOM and hold the canoe on one side and my solar panel on the other. Then a storage area behind the solar panel for wood, etc.

Nick

Attachments

• rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 79

Roktoys84

Adventurer
Maybe I missed it but what are the dimensions of the box and rear door? I'm thinking one of these would work great for a mini toyhauler/camper.

ToyFamily

Observer
Dims I think are on one of the first pages with the drawings. And I'm loving the van. Only changes I'd have done was either gotten an ambulance (outer storage, inner storage rear heat/ac done, DIESEL more common) or just gotten a bigger box van which are more abundant, for cheaper.. with diesel too and taken the box off and the duals off and built a mini box. Maybe with a better insulating material like the turtle expedition rigs.

I'm not hating the power as I haven't towed yet (and everything else I own are toyotas ;) ) but the fuel milage, longevity and power would be a long term advantage.

But like I said, loving it and actually living out of it part time when I dong feel like commuting long distance.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal