All Terrain Warriors campers

Mickldo

Adventurer
Hi Mick , Thought something must have happened. No sway bars planned. We're trialing an in-cab air adjustment system on the shocks which should negate this. Not as easy as it sounds. Trying to source valves and gauges that will be suitable. All the air bag in-cab kits are too low. Had planned to "T" in some poly-airs for instant shock control but the pressures weren't compatable. Let you know how we get on.

BTW Next time you're down I'll take you over to our shock guy's place and show you his race buggy. He's just up the street. Mid mounted 700hp, Albins box, 28" of wheel travel and active suspension. Saw it drive of the semi trailer with no ramps!!! Suspensions set up so when it gets airborne it stays level rather than let the rear flick up as you go over a bump. I know you'll appreciate the engineering. Good to hear from you. Regards John.

The air shocks sound interesting.

Now the FIL has moved from Maroochydore back to Maryborough I won't get down your way much anymore. He still has the unit down there so I should make a trip down to check out all the cool projects you guys are doing.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
"holiday snap" for John. The Coiled Canter on Fraser Is.

Thanks Gait. I just worked out who you are. We were talking about your removable winch with Paul out front of work one day, weren't we?. The 2 trucks look pretty good there at low tide. Half your luck.

The diesel genie attracted some attention as well as the coils.

Yes I thought it would. I haven't mentioned it on here yet as it hasn't been officially released. It's not really a genset either. More of a "diesel - powered battery charger". I did a thread on the first 24v version in the general camper section about a year ago. Maybe it was called "electric systems for expedition vehicles" . That was his first motorhome genset ever which was a 24v unit and the one on Adam's truck is a prototype 12v unit. There is still a couple of little things to change but they should be awesome. The guy has a lot of military electrical experience and they should be bullet proof. The first 24volt unit we fitted hasn't missed a beat in 18months.

Did Adam explain that the truck only needs one battery bank and that you simply dial in the depth of discharge. Also that if the truck's alternator fails, the unit will run the vehicle's electrical system. And even if the electronics in the unit fail, you just pullstart it and it will operate as a basic alternator again.

gait

Explorer
Thanks Gait. I just worked out who you are. We were talking about your removable winch with Paul out front of work one day, weren't we?.
the Oka belongs to Peter and Margaret Wright, he has visited your work. I'm a refugee from a Coaster bus that was at risk of getting stuck once too often so I bought a Canter. I'll drop in and see you next time I'm in Yandina (some time in next 4 weeks). Peter sent me the photo to fire up my imagination and remind me I should be traveling instead of building.

Will the coils fit an FG649?

whatcharterboat

John, is it likely the coils kit will fit FG649E?

Absolutely. The differences between the FG84D and the FG649E chassis are so minor they aren't even worth mentioning. Slightly different rear diff on the 637 but even that would take the coils.

Did you go for a ride? We still have to fine tune the steering but the ride over sharp bumps is amazing. Even at this early stage it is far, far better than any of our old long travel leaf setups. It would be good to get an OKA driver's perspective.

whatcharterboat

the Oka belongs to Peter and Margaret Wright, he has visited your work. I'm a refugee from a Coaster bus that was at risk of getting stuck once too often so I bought a Canter.

OK. I thought I was clear> Now I'm really clear>>>not. Haha.

Yer, that's right. It was Peter. Came in with the owner of the Round-The World Truck we're building at the moment. No worries.

whatcharterboat

Some more pics of that RTW FG at work at the moment. The first 2 were taken down at Phoenix Caravans just after the living quarters were finished. As I may have said before, we simply couldn't build it in his timeframe with everything else on at the moment. Anyway this wasn't a bad option for them.

4041958245_c4a5f94404.jpg

4041968897_162f96fe5a.jpg

First job was to fit the front bar. Next big job will be the coil suspension so I'll post some more as it progresses.

4042724326_036d397f69.jpg

whatcharterboat

Nearly done now. Only a couple more days. Bet we've all said that before.

4100598272_e2fdd4c15b.jpg

The big man himself. I'd be smiling to if i was about to head off for 5 years.

4100586512_5fd32860d4.jpg

Well this is the plan anyway.
4100538158_0df1971e6c.jpg

Last edited:

engineer

Adventurer
Hey I love the Dakar barwork, I don't think my little dude bus washers would though.
Nice Job fellas, Just wish I could convince the ministry at work to spend the dollars.

daniel ruops

Adventurer
stay and visit

Hello John Whatcharterboat

Please tell him he is welcome to visit and stay with us when he passes through the cesspool of humanity in Southern California.

lehel1

Adventurer
east coast bullbars ??

hello guys

just wondering if that is a east coast bullbar bumper i'm seeing on the coil over truck. i've looked on there web site and would like to purchase a bumper for my o8 fuso fg (exactly same as canter i beleive) here in the states.

my question is if you guys over at warriors know the company, i've been having difficulty getting thru to them with the e-mail supplied or by phone.
any help greatly appreciated, thanks

oh, also interested in the winch you recomend earlier in the tread ??

perhaps you sell these and/or other bumpers, which i would like more info on if so. i'm ready to purchase and do realize the shipping may be abit.

i'm nervious about have a custom job done over here and would rather not reinvent the wheel when you guys down under are doing such a great job with these trucks

thanks in advance cheers lehel and laura

spencyg

This Space For Rent
I'm almost certain ATW builds each bumper in a one-off style of fabrication where no jigs are used....basically build it right off the truck, starting at the mounts and ending with the paint. I could be wrong, but past pics of their fabrication indicates no usage of more "mass production" fabrication techniques. There are plenty of folks on the East Coast who would do a fine job fabricating something similar to that shown above.

Spence

lehel1

Adventurer
bumpers ?

hello again

i meant the bumper on the blue canter on post #134 pictured with the white camper.

cheers lehel and laura

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner