Frustrated Dealers May Succeed in Getting Corp to Reduce Ram Truck and Jeep Prices

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Looks like the deals got a little better... Guess people still aren't biting...
View attachment 838975
IIRC, it wasn’t that long ago that the coming year models were being advertised and presold by @ mid to late summer.

So things obviously are getting scarier for dealers still stuck with lots of ‘23 model inventory, with folks expecting that the ‘25 models will be coming out soon.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Ram dealers are dealing. Stellates changed the incentive programs to basically pay to take inventory instead of when you sell the vehicle. Since CDJR stores are losing there ass right now, dealers took the inventory bait and will have excess inventory they need to dump. The issue is not just price, the quality is horrible. I run several CDJR stores and the issues we are having with reliability is the worse I have ever seen.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
I see a new grille on the F150 every couple of years. Back in the day, the grill and entire front end stayed the same for 5+ years with interchangeable parts. Nowadays, each model year has a a whole slew of new changes that require redesign, retesting, and retooling. It IS more expensive to manufacture because of many reasons and one is that a prime has to reinvent parts to maintain their position. Costs aren't competing. Technology and new gizmos are. Consumers want the latest and greatest and have to pay for it. Every year has new standard features that were once optional.

Its refreshing to see this thread seem to hit the nail on the head over and over about how its simple consumers and market greed that have driven costs higher and nothing from politics. The economy is strong and people have money/debt to spend.
I find people often forget that if they want a higher wage, they have to sell their product at a higher cost. Its just a cycle although it has exploded more recently.

As long as people want to buy new things and creditors lend them stupid amounts of money to do so, they'll keep buying new stuff. I'm definitely on the train of keeping my paid off current vehicles and "low" mortgaged home for longer than initially intended.

I paid $41k for my 2016 Rubicon in 2016. The closest comparable model is now $62k. To get the upgraded Alpine audio and Nav like mine has, apparently I'd have to now also get 4G Wifi, Apple Car-Play, and Off-road cameras. Plus Rubicons also now come standard with LED headlights and taillights, additional airbags, full-float rear axle, pre-wired aux switches, trailer sway dampening, back-up camera, 12.3-in center screen, and a 7-in driver screen display instead of gauges....
The list goes on but over the cost of greed or inflation, the standard/included features with options is driving costs up. Not that I'm saying these features are bad, but their costs add up quickly. Maybe that's a large part of the extra $20k.

I think I need to correct myself. I found my 2016 (brand new at the time) Jeep on Cars.com for ~$41k.
In my previous post above, I did a build and price on Jeep's website which is not accurate.... On Cars.com (like I searched last time), I'm seeing Jeeps like mine with even more options for ~$46k, brand new.

So.... I take back what I said. 8-years and an increase of $5k for a lot more standard bells and whistles. Sounds quite fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach