Is Offroading in a SuperDuty Really That Bad?

TexasSixSeven

Observer
3,998 lbs :)

Not only do they come with Air, Tilt, Cruise and Power windows / locks, but also wireless Apple Car Play/Android Auto and a decent 'infotainment' screen.

Yeah, the XL's aren't as spartan as my 2002 Powerstroke XL was. It's fairly decent.
4000 lbs of payload on an F250 😮 that’s awesome.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
It happens. A high GVW gasser F250 will have a decent payload rating.
Even my "old" 2011 F250 6.2 gasser with a 9900lb GVWR had near 3500lbs of payload when stock. (y)

Jupiter58

Good choice on the tires, especially 17s. Don’t understand using 20s off road when you give up 1.5” of softening the ride through the tires. Just for looks, not performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mack M

Good choice on the tires, especially 17s. Don’t understand using 20s off road when you give up 1.5” of softening the ride through the tires. Just for looks, not performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, yeah, I don't even like 18s, especially with international travel. Finding a 35 will be tough anyways, but 16s and 17s are all over the world. Good luck finding a 20 in Argentina or Southern Africa. haha

TexasSixSeven

Observer
The XL's only come with the 6.8 gas (unless you go diesel), so I got that, it's a slightly destroyed 7.3 without a forged crank.
XLs can be had with any motor. However they come standard with the 6.8. You can option for the 7.3, 6.7 standard output, or 6.7 high output.

phsycle

Adventurer
XLs can be had with any motor. However they come standard with the 6.8. You can option for the 7.3, 6.7 standard output, or 6.7 high output.

That’s correct. At least in my region.

But 7.3 is a $10k option. I’m not so certain I’d get it personally.

EDIT: $7k option. Forgot to select 4x4. Apparently, 7.3 forces you to go 4WD.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach