OldSven's Tacoma

OldSven

Explorer
Just took it out for a drive, its a whole different ball game now. No more flex from the frame, and take off is alot more responsive. :wings:

OldSven

Explorer
Final got my co2 bottle out from behind my seat and mounted in the bed.
DSC01811.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
The grey stuff is an "alumium/metal" calking from HomeDepot. Since the plates are stich-welded it keeps water from getting behind the plates, I did the same with the sliders. As for the Chevy's they are awsome, my new Billy's come in Wednesday so I will get some flex shots up. Kind of a pain to do but way cheaper than going brand name springs, to bad they don't bolt right in:rolleyes:

OldSven

Explorer
Well the camera is going with the fiance this weekend so I had to do some quick backyard shots before she left. Got the new Bilstiens on and also the Daystar bumpstops. Everything works great:wings: The 10" travel shocks don't bottom out and the spring max'es out before the shocks do. As for down travel both upper and lower bump stops keep the springs from going to far negative.

DSC01827.jpg

DSC01828.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
j_nigrelli said:
2Qs:

is the CO2 for a fire suppression system?

&

everyone wants "grey wire"; what is that???

thanks
The co2 is what I use in place of a compressor(for now). It will fill tires, run air tools with no problem. The grey wire mod allows you to engage your rear diff-lock while in 2H-2L-4H-4L, basically whenever you want it. From the factory it can only be engaded in 4L. Here is a write up on it, well worth it.
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=10

OldSven

Explorer
Thanks for all of the feedback:) I just placed a few orders:chowtime:

-Safari Snorkel
-Flowmaster 50 series
-EBC front brakes
-Timbren front bumpstops

I guess it's back you know where for me this week:Mechanic:

Wanderlusty

Explorer
OldSven said:
As for down travel both upper and lower bump stops keep the springs from going to far negative.
DSC01829.jpg

Your bumpstops are kissing....:eek:

Love your truck, though....

I have Bighorn envy....ordering some this friday....:wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy