Pause overland trailer

Treefarmer

I've yet to find anything that motivates me to shell out the $$'s they are asking now days. Quality generally sucks. A replacement for the trailer I currently have needs to be put together better than most of what is out there. My interests include a moderate to smaller sized trailer one can stand up in with inside cooking capability, internal shower, cassette toilet is adequate, queen width bed, internal storage for clothes and misc. It does not need to look like a house inside. Also, prefer propane heat, cooking and refrigeration vs having to rely on expensive lithium batteries & solar when off grid. The propane has served me well over the past 25 years. I do own a portable 140w solar panel that I've used with our current RV. However, I'm not trying to power all the appliances with it. Of course, electric is the way the RV industry is moving. As for weight 5,000 - 6,000 gross max, lighter is better. I've seen both the Escape and the Olivers up close more than once. While an improvement over most of what is out there, neither excites me due to cost/layout and, for the Oliver, cost. So far, one of the only ones that has caught my interest (that I discovered via this forum) is the Kingdom Camping Trailer. However, given that they are located in Indiana, I've not been excited to take a 2,000+ mile trip to see one. Won't purchase sight unseen.
Yeah, but think of all the fun and interesting things there would be to see on your 2,000 mile trip to Indiana!?
If things go as planned, our Kingdom trailer will be in northern Idaho this summer and then in the desert SW starting about October 15th.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I've yet to find anything that motivates me to shell out the $$'s they are asking now days. Quality generally sucks. A replacement for the trailer I currently have needs to be put together better than most of what is out there. My interests include a moderate to smaller sized trailer one can stand up in with inside cooking capability, internal shower, cassette toilet is adequate, queen width bed, internal storage for clothes and misc. It does not need to look like a house inside. Also, prefer propane heat, cooking and refrigeration vs having to rely on expensive lithium batteries & solar when off grid. The propane has served me well over the past 25 years. I do own a portable 140w solar panel that I've used with our current RV. However, I'm not trying to power all the appliances with it. Of course, electric is the way the RV industry is moving. As for weight 5,000 - 6,000 gross max, lighter is better. I've seen both the Escape and the Olivers up close more than once. While an improvement over most of what is out there, neither excites me due to cost/layout and, for the Oliver, cost. So far, one of the only ones that has caught my interest (that I discovered via this forum) is the Kingdom Camping Trailer. However, given that they are located in Indiana, I've not been excited to take a 2,000+ mile trip to see one. Won't purchase sight unseen.
I bought a KImberley, and its in Ohio. It not bad to have it shipped, $1.50 per mile. There is no way I am driving from Ca to Ohio.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

So when that Pause is raised to its max height how tall is it? With the much bragged about departure angle I would imagine that with a 4x4 semi pulling it , it could go on some real off road adventure. Is there a point where the near 12 foot height might make it a bit tippy on off camber trails.

Out of all the high production vids out on the Pause it's hard find one of one outside off road or of the roof. I did find one that was on the wi fi ranger. Oh my lordy I have never seen so many roof penetration. The two star gazer sky lights on the down slop, max fan, ac, solor panels, wi fi ranger to name a few. That's a huge potential for water penetration.

Treefarmer

Out of all the high production vids out on the Pause it's hard find one of one outside off road or of the roof. I did find one that was on the wi fi ranger. Oh my lordy I have never seen so many roof penetration. The two star gazer sky lights on the down slop, max fan, ac, solor panels, wi fi ranger to name a few. That's a huge potential for water penetration.
...and cold penetration, and heat penetration....Our new trailer will have one "hole" in the roof for the AC unit and that's it. No other vents, TV stuff, skylights, fans, etc. We even almost skipped the AC unit!

Treefarmer

And now the base price of the Pause has magically been bumped up to $151,243 on the ROA website. This is up from the already high $139,000 base price that was on the ROA site since they first posted about the Pause. This is before you pony up the extra $10k-$15k to modify it for four season use. That's some expensive Garmin technology! It's making the Roamer1 look like a bargain at "only" $153,753.63. That extra .63 cents on the R1 price tag just pushes it over the top for me.

CORVDealers

And now the base price of the Pause has magically been bumped up to $151,243 on the ROA website. This is up from the already high $139,000 base price that was on the ROA site since they first posted about the Pause. This is before you pony up the extra $10k-$15k to modify it for four season use. That's some expensive Garmin technology! It's making the Roamer1 look like a bargain at "only" $153,753.63. That extra .63 cents on the R1 price tag just pushes it over the top for me.

Still $138k here

That Rumer 1 will likely just magically go up as well. In this economy let's just keep making them more expensive. Great business plan. Come on Pause let's take a pause on raising price.

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
That Rumer 1 will likely just magically go up as well. In this economy let's just keep making them more expensive. Great business plan. Come on Pause let's take a pause on raising price.

Latest price increase was because they went from renogy batteries and inverter over to 1000ah of battleborn batteries and 3000 watt victron inverter. The price increase with this change was inevitable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven