Photo Critiqing Thread

Starscream

Adventurer
Here a few few of my personal favs....

3066771876_81b4c601f5.jpg

3641894939_71ab26426c.jpg

2954887524_35c02c3da5.jpg

3006229797_a39b84164f.jpg

...any comments/criticisms are appreciated.

-Matt

wskboarderx

does anyone know about HDRI photos?

I have a nikon d100 camera as well as a nikon s210 p&s. I know the concept behind HDRI photos but would like to be able to take some of my own.

XJBANKER

Explorer
I am trying to get better angles and stuff What can I work on?
IMG_8599.jpg

IMG_8643.jpg

I think that the light on this one could be alot better is that something that I could fix in Photo Shop?

IMG_8694.jpg

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Hiya,

Just joined, glad to see a photography section on the forum! Photography and expeditions go hand in hand! I shoot with a Nikon D50 and a Nikon D80.

Here are a couple of shots I took from past trips. Lemmi know what you all think.

02.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

05.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

01.jpg

day1-08.jpg

day1-09.jpg

I really enjoy shooting animals and "small things".

Thanks for looking - Bart

Box Rocket

Gosh I need to participate in this thread. I know I can always use some suggestions to improve my shots. Here's a few that I feel ok about but I'm sure can be improved. Please offer me your critique.

my son
IMG_6330_bw2.jpg

_MG_3790.jpg

_MG_6541.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Great shots Adam.
Bart, I like your ruined building shot the best. Great lighting, good angle, interesting story. The Ant photos is cool also (for me).

photoman

Explorer
I'd be very interested in hearing more about how you "process" your photos. This shot is very nice btw.

Thanks-

All my shots are processed one at a time. Some are simply some minor adjustments in Lightroom2 or Iphoto and then uploaded. Others get a little more treatment in PS but I am still a beginner in that program.

This one in particular was an HDR. 3 exposures from very dark to rocks exposed correctly. These were taken before sunrise in October of 2008. I usually do not take HDR to this extreme- preferring a more natural look but I felt it worked in this instance. The one thing I still do not like about this image is the clouds - the HDR programs make the sky a little strong for my taste and my usual style.

Any more questions just let me know.

photoman

Explorer
Hiya,

Just joined, glad to see a photography section on the forum! Photography and expeditions go hand in hand! I shoot with a Nikon D50 and a Nikon D80.

Here are a couple of shots I took from past trips. Lemmi know what you all think.

02.jpg

01.jpg

I really enjoy shooting animals and "small things".

Thanks for looking - Bart

I really like these two. Nice work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal