Scoutkid's van is HERE!!!

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
. . . I did this all without removing the fuel bowl, FYI. It was incredibly tricky - but with a little bit of patience and some colorful words, it can be done. . . .

For those of us that aren't that good at mechaniking, could you share the "special" words you use to make it happen?

:clapsmile

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Man you guys doing the conversions now are lucky. I never had a template for the shackle bushing holes.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Was that when you had to walk to school 5 miles in the snow?:coffeedrink:

scoutkid

Van Builder
Well, eventful afternoon!

Here is a crappy pic of the steering setup. I grabbed a new MOOG TRE to hook the the pitman arm, I figured as long as I was in there...

IMG02295-20110910-1627.jpg

And Mother of God...

IMG02298-20110910-1750.jpg

He's rather large...

IMG02302-20110910-1754.jpg

And only gonna get a few inches taller with the new rubber under him!!

IMG02297-20110910-1750.jpg

I want to go camping NOW! :wings::wings:

scoutkid

Van Builder
For those of us that aren't that good at mechaniking, could you share the "special" words you use to make it happen?

:clapsmile

They are not for 1) the faint of heart 2) the ears of young children.

I wouldn't say I'm good at mechaniking, i'd just say i'm too stubborn to believe I can't do something they way I think I should be able to, no matter what other people (or common sense) says :rolleyes:

scoutkid

Van Builder
Looking good!

other than those stick-on ventylookingthings. ;)

Hey now, those are CUSTOM, yo. You can't just buy those anywhere. They are imported!

The only reason they are still there is that I am out of floss... need to get more tomorrow!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
But I must say, Chris must be a HELL of a lot stronger than I am... his video says 'just bend the ribs in the frame out of the way....' then you see him seemingly snap these plastic-like jobbers out of the way with barely a tug on the prybar.

Let me tell you, my van must be the one built with real, honest to God steel, because those ribs don't just 'bend out of the way'. After the trouble I had prying those bastids out of the way, methinks I shouldn't tangle with a guy like Chris.

Now thats a lie!! With those guns you're packin, you should have been able to bend those things with a little screw driver!! A 3-4' prybar always does the trick :)

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
You have a wonderful big white canvas. Have you any plans for it?
"Steekers"? Body wrap? Graphics?, or will it remain a blank slate?

scoutkid

Van Builder
Now thats a lie!! With those guns you're packin, you should have been able to bend those things with a little screw driver!! A 3-4' prybar always does the trick :)

Hey now, let's not go spreading rumors... not to mention that the size of the gun doesn't matter if you don't have any ammo for it! That's my problem.

You have a wonderful big white canvas. Have you any plans for it?
"Steekers"? Body wrap? Graphics?, or will it remain a blank slate?

Good question! I suppose if someone :: cough UJOINT OFFROAD cough :: wanted to get a big wrap for me and sponsor me as a giant moving billboard covering the western half of the US (how was THAT for a sales pitch?!) I would be all for it!

Otherwise, I just want to keep it simple, I plan on USING this, which means scrapes and dents.

That One Guy

Adventurer
You know, actually, those vents wouldnt look too bad if they were real. And I HATE those Buick looking one's you always see people putting on their Honda's and Expeditions, so that's saying a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk