Side-mount Jerry can holders

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I was able to tweak it enough with different ways of tightening the bolts down.
50633072ec38578ccb84aa7518cd2be4.jpg

dd3ac559f6104db79bc7f9de83fada7a.jpg

d9a2040eb7f442e1f45ac9d73ce292c6.jpg

Glad it worked out. I couldn't imagine what was going on, since I've got MORryde parts on my Jeep and they installed great with no problems. (Loud sigh of relief)

Jakes01234

Explorer
Between the angle of the frame and tightening the center bolts down and tweaked towards the door.
That was the driver side.

The passenger side i barely tightened, just snugged, and it was still angled to the door. So I just gave them some love and they straightened out.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Between the angle of the frame and tightening the center bolts down and tweaked towards the door.
That was the driver side.

The passenger side i barely tightened, just snugged, and it was still angled to the door. So I just gave them some love and they straightened out.

If you have any suggestions that could improve the install instructions, please let me know and I'll pass them along to the company. I'm sure they'd be glad to hear and implement any suggestions you might have.

Jakes01234

Explorer
I tightened that but it still had play side to side. Also it was still a little slanted towards the door and with that hitch pin tightened down in that direction I was able to get it very close to perfect.

I would add a big warning about not tightening them to much. That causes an immediate issue with them being parallel to the body.

bfr

Observer
Does anyone have a picture that shows clearance between the door and can/mount with the door open?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Does anyone have a picture that shows clearance between the door and can/mount with the door open?

I took this photo way back when I built the first prototype. It doesn't really show the amount of clearance, but the door is fully open (with a stock limiting strap) and there's plenty of space between the door and the can/can holder.

BothJerryCansInstalled2_zpse891ddae.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Could you take a photo of the bracket and frame from the ground straight up? I almost feel like your frame is straighter than mine where it mounts on.

How about you send me that same photo of your installation? Since I know exactly what this mount is supposed to look like when installed, I can tell if your frame is tweaked or different or if something else is different in how yours got installed. Just click on my user name to get the menu, you can send the picture to me via email.

Jakes01234

Explorer
e7547e4a1ede72df37f3a7b0ff238f56.jpg
ba686510aa038473d59964ef07585fb2.jpg

I do have shorter door straps and the first picture I was pulling on the door fairly hard as of someone was to push it open hard or open on a steep hill.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A few photos of the JK Side Mount with a 2-gallon Rotopax container, this time on the passenger side.

JKSideMountRotopax1_zpsfotedvtm.jpg

JKSideMountRotopax2_zpspqyqfa7e.jpg

The side mount has holes for both the jerry can tray and the Rotopax mounting stud, so either can easily be mounted.

There's no interference with the door or mirror; also no problems with the radio antenna.

JKSideMountRotopax3_zpsgesaomrf.jpg

They're still bare metal, so next I'll put a nice finish on them so I can leave them on the Jeep for a while to do some testing with full jerry cans and a full Rotopax.

bluehash

Adventurer
Looks sweet JScherb.!
Please make this available soon from Moryde. I hope it will be available sometime this year.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Looks sweet JScherb.!
Please make this available soon from Moryde. I hope it will be available sometime this year.

Thanks!

Today I installed the finished prototypes, here are a few photos of the finished prototype JK Side Mounts installed.

With a jerry can:

JKSideMountJerry4_zpspvrzhf7l.jpg

In both of these photos I've got a CB antenna mounted in the optional antenna mount hole on the driver's side. (On the passenger side, the radio antenna passes through that hole).

JKSideMountJerry2_zpsr1xozgwj.jpg

A 2-gallon Rotopax:

JKSideMount2Gallon_zpsp8rpcex0.jpg

A 1.75 and 3-gallon cardstock mockup Rotopax container; the actual 2-gallon is in the center:

JKSideMountSizes_zpszpmvj5bo.jpg

Installed and ready - a jerry can on the driver's side and a Rotopax on the passenger side; off to the gas station to add some weight to the cans...

JKSidesMountsReady_zpsr6blkbti.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal