INEOS Grenadier

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
They sued (and lost) Grenadier for IP infringements on the style of the thing. That's hardly being "OK with the Grenadier".
Let's see them come out with an actual vehicle before beginning to talk about how they're planning hydrogen fuel cells and whatnot.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Apparently they also have a partnership with BMW for their engine. I am in the camp that BMW makes excellent engines, especially the inline 6 (which is why it ended up in the Toyota Supra...)

However they do have a lot of electronics/turbo/etc around, which may or may not fit well with the intended purpose of the projekt Grenadier.

"The Grenadier will be powered by BMW’s latest 3.0-litre straight six petrol and diesel engines"

In any case, it does look more and more serious.

You sound more and more like the other two or three people who have no insight whatsoever into anything that has to do with engineering or even problem solving.

But, whatever.

Dude, I am actually an Engineer for an International aerospace company; my job is problem solving in experimental and operational flight test! According to my reviews and my paycheck; I'm pretty Fn good at it too! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Dude, I am actually an Engineer for an International aerospace company; my job is problem solving in experimental and operational flight test! According to my reviews and my paycheck; I'm pretty Fn good at it too! :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Oh, so it's on purpose you choose to ignore reality and engineering. You must be very good at compartmentalising reality and your beliefs. I take note in that problem solving mind of yours weren't able to keep things straight in that long rant of yours.
In short, if you applied the same thinking to your (claimed) job, you wouldn't have that job for long.

Reread this unhinged rant from you:

@Pilat there are videos on their own release of the mule in action and have been out for a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time. You of all people; the Defender Icon Expert should know by now that JLR was testing components of the new Defender for about 5 years before it made it to a full mule and then again years before they made it to a prototype. You are now doing the EXACT same thing that you ************** for 45 pages on the Defender Love/Hate thread; do your research and understand product development before you can bark at others on how something is going to come to life; modern product development is far more established outside of opinion base theory these days than an yours and anyone else opinion on whether one loves or hates the new Defender.

Tesla Roadster was running around as a low production vehicle that met all safety and import/export rules for ten years; it was actually the mule for the Model S full design prototype. Elon's only purpose of the Roadster was Model S mule'd Model X parts, and then Model 3 is muling Model Y and whatever was left on the shelf came Cyberjunk; I mean CyberTruck. The new Roadster is derived from the P100D technology with new suspension technology coming from other sources.

The new Jeep Wagoneer is running around on a pickup chassis (mule), etc right now. How do you know that there are not five preproduction prototype bodies sitting in Ineos plant (or wherever) waiting for pre-production chassis and drivetrains derived from the mule and Magna-Steyr is getting the low-rate production (1st gen run) going before full-rate production assembly line starts. Since they are a dedicated production company, you have any idea how fast they can design, engineer, tooling and production; many times its as simple as a few computer strokes to drop in programs and boom, donski that thing is stamping out body panels for days on end.

You think the new Bronco is going to share any of the same components/technology from other Ford vehicles? Did the new Corvette start from zero on paper within 18 months made full production numbers to delivery; I think not (I know not).

Do a little research and smarten yourself up on some real educational sources outside of FaceSpace and Twittergram; oh and Wikipedia is not a viable academic resource!

mpinco

Expedition Leader

LOL. I'm a Systems Engineer/EE/Project Management. Clearly we know nothing!

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Weird, mpinco - wasn't it you who claimed that unpsrung weight didn't matter? Or was that one of your buddies? And I'm pretty sure you were at least one of the people who argued that the Cybertruck with its exoskeleton could be safe.
Yeah, so much for your claimed titles.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Weird, mpinco - wasn't it you who claimed that unpsrung weight didn't matter? Or was that one of your buddies? And I'm pretty sure you were at least one of the people who argued that the Cybertruck with its exoskeleton could be safe.
Yeah, so much for your claimed titles.

Except I never commented on the "Cybertruck" from Tesla. Get some sleep ..........

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Except I never commented on the "Cybertruck" from Tesla. Get some sleep ..........
Oh, okay, you were just the one arguing that unsprung weight didn't matter, that they could be circumvented with shocks, and that the two wheels being connected could somehow be solved without disconnecting them.

You know what. I will get some sleep. I have a hard time keeping track of you guys and the reality free claims you all make.
In any case, your claimed titles/job descriptions means absolutely nothing. Even doctors get fired for incompetence or just plain sloppy work when they should know better. And so it is in all walks of life.

T-Willy

Grenadier is designing a back-to-basics mid-sized 4x4 utility wagon with excellent payload, an inline 6, locking differentials, and beam axles beneath a ladder frame.

Reports claim production will begin in 2021 (we'll see).

Company website: https://ineosgrenadier.com/

An article: https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/12/in...er-j45-and-willys-jeep-trucks-have-in-common/

From that:
  • SUV wheelbase: estimated 112 – 118 inches*
  • SUV payload: approximately 2,200 lbs
  • SUV max towing: approximately 7,700 lbs
Purported test prototype:

2022-ineos-grenadier-4x4-prototype.jpg

nickw

Adventurer
Grenadier is designing a back-to-basics mid-sized 4x4 utility wagon with excellent payload, an inline 6, locking differentials, and beam axles beneath a ladder frame.

Reports claim production will begin in 2021 (we'll see).

Company website: https://ineosgrenadier.com/

An article: https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/12/in...er-j45-and-willys-jeep-trucks-have-in-common/

From that:
  • SUV wheelbase: estimated 112 – 118 inches*
  • SUV payload: approximately 2,200 lbs
  • SUV max towing: approximately 7,700 lbs
Purported test prototype:

2022-ineos-grenadier-4x4-prototype.jpg

Initial thoughts - that looks like a modern LC. Didn't they have other renderings that were more Defender'esque? Found it here:

1587155829935.png

Looks like the new D90 to me...from this link:

It uses an engine from BMW, interesting....not known as the pinnacle off offroad reliability.

Cool concept if it's not vaporware. The problems with some of these "bare bones" 4x4 type rigs is they simply don't have the economies of scale to bring price down to reasonable levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach

Members online