Starting Over... Taco Style!

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
viatierra said:
Ummmm. What if I told you that I already know that a replacement is $34.00???
My McGyver solution:
236908527-L.jpg

:eek:

Last edited:

viatierra

Explorer
HMR said:
My McGyver solution:
236908527-L.jpg

:eek:

I had to use a slotted screwdriver with a vise grip clamped on the handle. My pride won't let me post a picture... What do you have on there that syncs up the the slot? No matter. New crank arrived already.

TACODOC said:
The rack looks great, well done!
Doc's approval!
:victory:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
viatierra said:
I had to use a slotted screwdriver with a vise grip clamped on the handle. My pride won't let me post a picture... What do you have on there that syncs up the the slot? No matter. New crank arrived already.
LOL! I thought about doing the screwdriver/vice grip combo! I cut a piece of aluminum to fit inside the socket. I'll post a pic just in case it helps someone:
237017733-M.jpg

New crank is on order. Old one is laying somewhere in Anza Borrego. :wavey:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
oh was that your crank? :shakin:

I fashioned a large driver piece for my Dewalt screw gun... it was fun until the new cranks arrived - somethings are better to do by hand ;)

... Back to you Greg :coffee:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
New rack

Late to the party here, but I just caught up on the new rack. Very cool design. Now when the Expedition Trophy pull up to a boulder strew ledge for the overland portion, you can sleep in comfort off the ground!

Well done Mr. Hunter, clean welds and details. I like how it attaches to the factory tie down points while still alowing the tie downs to be adjusted.

Cheers,
P

Sloan

Explorer
You are killing me, my 03 Tacoma just got totalled in a rear end collision and I figured it would be nice to make my FJ60 my daily driver for awhile and save some cash. That blue is awesome, the truck looks killer, and now I can only take streets that don't go past Toyota dealerships.

viatierra

Explorer
Willman said:
Love the Rack!

Whens the 2m going in?

:)

Thanks everyone! I should have a pretty hefty update in a couple of days... (unless I over indulge at New Year's Fiesta)

2007_12_Arizona_022.jpg

Last edited:

viatierra

Explorer
2m & lights update!

2187892995_67cb6eecd5_b.jpg

I've got some lights and Yeseau 7800 radio installed. I have a few details to finish up, but here's how she sits so far. I have a 12 circuit Blue Seas auxilary block mounted behind the rear seat along with the main deck to the 7800 HAM radio.

Up front I have a Firestick for the CB, Larson for the 2m and 4 55w Procomp lights.

2187905847_2fe018c17a_b.jpg

Back inside I relocated the GPS on the dash to make room for the radio's faceplate in front of the stick. I put switches for my various exterior lights on the center console. It was a tight fit for the upper driver's side switch, but the rest were easy. I think it came out clean and functional.

2187950667_7f7e017af3_b.jpg

In the rear, I picked up some inexpensive driving lights to try as reverse lights. Next, I have a couple more goodies not installed yet to light up the bed so I can sort through gear at night.

2187904887_70d3500225_b.jpg

All that is left is to put this whose system to the test next weekend in Death Valley!

2188693280_eeb2e3bf48_b.jpg

Looks like the kids love it!

2187914447_5a6af74355.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I love that all of the functional mods were done before the "might need it, might not but it looks good", mods. This build has been a lot of fun to follow and well documented.

I hear I might have the pleasure of seeing this truck in person in the coming months. I certainly hope so - :beer:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Your amazing rig just gets better and better.
Once again... NICE WORK!

:bowdown:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner