wjtoy

Hi my name is Kyle and here is my few:

Santa Cruz Heckler
Kona Stinky
Jamis Beach Cruiser
GT 24" BMX

7wt

Expedition Leader
Well it has been a very long time since I have ridden but that will change soon. Here is my trusty Rascal. In the 90's, this bike meant more to me than anything. I had to take out a loan for it. It cost a lot more than the Camero I was driving at the time. I love this bike and would never get rid of it although I did consider it at one point. I just bought the love of my life her first bike for her birthday, a Trek 7.2. Now I have a partner to ride with again and look forward to riding all the fantastic trails in New England.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

The bike is in pretty much the same condition as it was when I rode it back throughout the 90's except for the pedals. I had a set of Onza clipless pedals that were rusted out and my Sidi's were shot and I didn't want to buy new shoes so I just threw on the Haro flatties. XTR, XT and LX groupo with Syncros bits for good measure.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
My daily commuter
commuterbikemf7.jpg

My mountain bike
mtbve5.jpg

My bike in the middle
dscn0116xy7.jpg

I'm not at home right now, so this is a representative photo of my folder w/20" wheels.
speedp8ka3.jpg

Cackalak Han

Explorer
IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

My wife's. Bought it to convert to SS, but was a little too small for me. Might be a little big for her, but she enjoyed our little ride this week. If she catches on to cycling (I really hope!), I'll get her a proper bike. Please ignore the gigantic DH pedals that I put in place of clipless that she is not ready for yet.

IMG_0380.jpg

Hopefully will add a bike or two to the stable this year.

Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
My name is Flounder, I'm a roadie. <Welcome, Flounder> I've been skinny tire free for two seasons now. Now I live and play in the dirt full time.

Prescott is where I live and ride. I feel super lucky to live here.

spot.jpg

I have other bikes (Dura Ace and Force equiped road and 'crossers) but this is the bike that counts. I'm over owning a fleet.

Spot Brand 29er single speed. Fox fork, White Industry cranks and Ti BB. Thompson bar and stem with Chris King headset and hubs.

Seen here outfitted for a three day tour of the Colorado Trail. Also serves as my daily ride, sometimes commuter, race machine or patio decoration.

:bike_rider:

Last edited:

expoxj

Adventurer
I'm Noah and this is my ride, sort of. I don't have a good pic on my comp so same frame different setup.

xxteam.jpg

CLynn85

Explorer
Finally bought my first "real" Mt. Bike last weekend. It's an 09 Gary Fisher Wahoo Disc.

I made my Roadmaster mountain bike last me through college for 4 years, though after actually trying some mountain biking senior year with it, it was pretty much worn out. A couple years later I decided I needed a more active summer hobby so I went shopping again.

I test rode so many bikes I can't remember them all. SEVERAL specialized bikes including all the different hardrocks, a couple rockhoppers, even a crosstrail, trek 4300's, raleigh mojaves, and finally a couple of Gary Fishers. I even test rode a Montague paratrooper and came close to ordering one, but decided the cost-benefit of the folding frame just wasn't worth it for my needs. My budget was in the 400-600 range and the Wahoo really just felt the best. I was originally going to just go with the rim brakes but having never ridden with discs I just wanted to try it, so I figured it was worth the initial investment.

I will admit I had a little buyers remorse last weekend thinking I'd gone a little overboard, that is, until I went riding with it Sunday on the local Lodi Farm trails.

I FREAKIN LOVE THIS THING!!! I'm so glad I made the jump and wish I did a long time ago. Now I can't wait for my next chance to get out on the trails.

Thanks again to all who helped in my decision making process.

3593546643_f8d1f6e2de.jpg

nonamegiven

Observer
The name's Brian and I ride a early 2000's Cannondale F700. I've been wanting to upgrade to a full suspension bike, but not sure what to get, money is tight and it's even harder to find the time to ride right now. But this is what I ride at the moment.

005-6.jpg

dyogim

Explorer
Other than my DH rig I posted before, this is my one and only rig now. Wish I hadn't sold my other one...

P6140980.JPG

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I need to update this picture; xchange unit 29er for Pahoehoe

I've got 5 bikes. I cycle thru them every couple of years. This year it was time to replace my hardtail, a Kona Pahoehoe which I bought new in '98. I replaced it with a Kona Unit 29er hardtail, which I added gears to. I'm likin the 29er.:bike_rider:

You'll quickly see a theme here: We live in Bellingham just down the street from Kona Mountain Bikes. Transition is just up the road also.

My main bike is my Kona Dawg Primo, 5" front and rear. It rails the turns and its perfect for my tyope of riding. No suprise as it was researched and developed on my home mountain, Galbraith, in Bellingham, Wa.

For the bigger drops and for weekends at Whistler I have a Kona Stinky Deluxe, 8" front and rear.

My wife (code name "The Jenerator" ) won't part with her trusty '02 Kona King Kikapu (3" front and rear). She also has a Kona Stinky for Downhillin, and a Fire Mountain for commuting. She won a Kona Joe at a bike fest. Its on Craigslist.

When the gang wants to stretch out on the mountain roads, I've got a Felt 65, and The Jenerator has an all carbon Trek 5200.

Oh yeah, and I have a Miata for a river paddling shuttle bike.

(Note the old futon frame recycled into bike rack.)

IMG_08971000.jpg

30' deep garage allows for island workbench across from beer fridge and foosball table behind The Jenerator's Nissan Murano (between toolbox and hockey gear).
IMG_09091000.jpg

WinthropToChelanBackroads48.jpg

WinthropToChelanBackroads50.jpg

Last edited:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Guess I missed this thread the first time through. First off, wow, you guys have some nice quivers! And shops for that matter! <drool>

Well, I don't have anything too special but ride the hell out of what I have. My main three bikes are

008.jpg

Specialized Epic Comp, running fatty 2.3's on it for trail riding since the rocks really chew up the tires around here. I haven't warmed to disc brakes yet either, I'm a v brake guy.

005.jpg

Specialized Allez Elite

006-3.jpg

'86 Fugi Cadenza. My first mountainbike. I used it for cross training for when I raced motocross and also used it to preride many tracks. I rebuilt it and gave it to my father who never used it, I repo'ed it and use it for a utility bike/town bike. Probably my most prized bike. I want to swap that cheezey fork back off the front and have been keeping my eyes open for a rigid fork. This bike does it all and hey, check out those biopace chainrings!!

Some of the others...

oldscannedpics3001.jpg

My old trusty Mongoose Expert Pro, redline cranks, S&M bars, haven't rode it in awhile but used to do alot of dirt jumping with it.

010-2.jpg

My first road bike! Motobecane Super Mirage. I fixed it up for a town bike for my ex girlfriend but utilized as much of the old components as possible. Its a classy ride!

004-1.jpg

My single speed project. If I ever find the time to finish it. The frame is from my old hard tail Mongoose IBOC Team that I rode for a good 12 years. I've got all the parts I need now aside from a new stem and bars. Going with the old school Amp linkage for on the front too! Should be a light (but wicked stiff) whip.

That's the more interesting stuff. I've got some old cruiser townbikes and such but I've been giving alot of those away lately trying to get rid of some of the clutter. Its nice to have some extra bikes though for when i have guests in town.

Bad Voodoo

Unassuming Superhero
I missed this one too. Hi y'all. I'm Chris, and I ride a Cannondale Caffeine F1:

1000281.jpg

1000282w.jpg

I also ride a 'Pushed' Cannondale Jekyll 800 with SRAM X.9 components, but funny enough, no pictures handily available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz